Why bother because it matters…. YOU matter! Good sex, satisfying sex and having sex often can actually make you physically healthy according to Hilda Hutcherson, M.D., a clinical professor of obstetrics and gynecology of Columbia University.
According to WebMD.com, Kara Mayer Robinson there are:
10 Surprising Health Benefits Of Sex:
1. Helps Keep Your Immune System Humming- people who have sex have higher levels of what defends your body against germs, viruses, and other intruders.
2. Boosts Your Libido- for women, having sex increases lubrication, blood flow and elasticity which make sex feel better and help you crave more of it.
3. Improves Women’s Bladder Control- good sex is like a workout for your pelvic floor muscles. When you have an orgasm, it causes contractions in those muscles, which strengthens them.
4. Lowers Your Blood Pressure- one landmark study found that sexual intercourse specifically (not masturbation) lowered systolic blood pressure; the first number on your blood test.
5. Counts As Exercise- sex uses about five calories per minute, four more calories than watching TV. it gives you a one-two punch bumping up your heart rate and uses various muscles. Like exercise, consistency helps to maximize the benefits.
6. Lowers Heart Attack Risk- a good sex life is good for your heart. It is a great way to raise your heart rate and helps keep your estrogen and testosterone levels in balance.
7. Lessens Pain- before you reach for an aspirin, try for an orgasm. “Orgasm can block pain,” says Barry R. Komisaruk, PhD, a distinguished service. Professional at Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey. It releases a hormone that helps raise your pain threshold. Stimulation without orgasm can also do the trick. We’ve found that vaginal. Stimulation can block chronic back pain and leg pain. Women have shared with them masturbation can reduce menstrual cramps, arthritic pain, and in some cases even headache.
8. May Make Prostate Cancer Less Likely- men who ejaculated frequently AT&T least 21 times a month) were less likely to get prostate cancer during one study published in the Journal of American Medical Association. You don’t need a partner to reap this benefit. Sexual intercourse, nocturnal emission and masturbation were all part of the equation.
9. Improves Sleep- after orgasm, the hormone prolactin is released, which is responsible for the feelings of relaxation and sleepiness after sex.
10. Eases Stress- touching and hugging can release your body’s natural “feeling good hormone.” Sexual arousal releases a Brian’s pleasure and reward system. Sex and intimacy can boost your self-esteem and happiness too. It’s not only a prescription for a healthy life, but a happy one.
*for the full article please go to WebMD.com- 10 Surprising Health Benefits of Sex.